Open Futures is not just a template for change in schools. It is an involved and active programme that brings together a variety of experts, partners and the wider community to help drive genuine and lasting advances in the way that children experience learning in schools.
For Open Futures the Helen Hamlyn Trust has brought together a number of experts, highly respected organisations and individuals to work in partnership with schools to establish and develop the skills and enquiry-based learning programme.
- SAPERE, the UK charity for the Philosophy for Children (P4C), manages the askit strand
- The Royal Horticultural Society manages the growit strand
- The RSA-founded Focus on Food Campaign manages the cookit strand
- The filmit team is managed by the Executive Director of Fabrica and Benetton online, and an independent interaction designer
- The Research Centre for Learning and Teaching at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne advises on enquiry within the curriculum.